Friday 6 December 2013

The runaway hair and makeup artist. Melbourne has had many problems recently.

Make up artist in melbourneThe wedding season is underway. And there have been some major issues recently. There are so many stories about the runaway hair and makeup artists Melbourne. In the past 3 months  I have already had 9 brides call me to ask  if  can help them with their last minute hair and makeup booking due to their mobile hairdressers Melbourne or makeup artist cancel on them at the last minute! I have been absolutely shocked just how many dodgy hair and makeup artists are out there!!! About 2 weeks ago I was booked on a wedding and started feeling really sick when I woke up, I knew I had to go, so while the feeling of wanting to throw up, I arrived at the brides house at 6am. Over the next 4 hours I kept running to the bathroom and throwing up, but that didn’t stop me, I even managed to get the bride and bridal party ready 15 minutes earlier than they needed to be! It is not only me who works at these standards. My hairdressers and makeup artists in Melbourne would never let anyone down no matter what.

It seams that Melbourne is having a major problem with this at the moment, and I find this just appalling.

This bad behaviour is making us good guys look bad, and hopefully sooner or later they will get caught out! Recently I had a bride who didn’t want to choose us because she thought we were too expensive….. On the morning of her wedding day she called me crying, saying that her mobile hairdresser Melbourne didn’t show up. So even though this bride originally didn’t see the value of our service at the time, as we would never want a bride to have an awful day, we were still happy to go out of our way and save the day for the bride, even though the only hairdresser that was free had planed to spend the day out with her children, so, she dropped everything to help outa bride in need.


If that bride had just thought about quality verves cost in the first place she wouldn’t have been left in tears on the morning of her wedding. 

After 17 years in the industry I have found that this is starting to happen more and more.  And I think the reason for this is that so many young girls think it is a really easy job and that they can be rich from doing hair and makeup for brides. Let me say, nothing feels like a job when you love what you do. Our Bridal hair and makeup artist in Melbourne love what they do, and when you love what you do, nothing feels like a job. None of my team goes into this industry for the quick cash and easy work.


As much as we think it is easy, it isn’t! We work stupid hours, we have to smile when we don’t want to, we have bridal parties questioning our work even though we know we are amazing and you wont get better than us, we have to work every weekend of summer, we have to miss out on so many events because of our work. Yes, we love it, because we enjoy what we do so much that it outweighs the bad. But other girls who have no idea what is really involved get into this industry expecting for it to be easy, they realize how hard it was and they start cancelling jobs last minute.

Make sure you read as many testimonial/referrals about the airbrush makeup &  mobile hairdressers Melbourne company you want to work with, make sure the hair and makeup artists are not just freshly out of a course, and makeup sure you don’t choose someone based on the cheapest you can find.

Don’t choose a runaway hair and makeup artist. Melbourne does offer great hair and makeup artists!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your useful information.
    Brides and Beauty offering makeup and hair styling packages to make it even easier on your special day. we have a professional team to make your look more natural and unique.

    ReplyDelete